J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge
Start Time : 18:30
Event Venue : The Wanderers Club, Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
We are back and excited for another year of racing! We look forward to seeing you and your team at the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge® Johannesburg on Thursday, 05 April 2018 at the Wanderers Club.
You will receive an email from us with more details once registration opens, but please visit our website for more information in the meantime.
COURSE & DISTANCE
|Distance:||Start Time:||Cut-Off Time:||Minimum Age||Prize Giving|
DIRECTIONS TO VENU
The Wanderers Club, JohannesbergGPS co-ordinates -26.135168, 28.053880
- The J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge is open to teams of employees from corporations, small and large businesses, and financial institutions. Company and employee eligibility determinations shall be made exclusively by JPMorgan Chase & Co. (Series Owner) and/or its authorised representative. All decisions shall be final. Verification of eligibility must be provided upon request.
- Employees of non-business organisations (e.g., federal, state, and local governments, quasi-governmental organisations and educational institutions) may compete and score only if they are on a team from the same unit, branch, chapter, or school at which they are directly employed.
- Clubs, unions, political, social, athletic, and similar organisations may not enter their members, volunteers, or other non-employees.
- Participants must be actively employed, working a minimum of 25 hours a week for at least three months prior to race day for the company they are representing. Temporary/casual employees, employees on leave, interns and sub-contractors are not eligible.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age on the race date.
- Participants must be employed in the country in which the race is held. The company must have a facility in the country in which the race is held.
- Each participant must register online in order to be officially entered and eligible to run. Participants certify that they are medically fit to run and fulfill the previously-listed employment requirements.
- Each company must register a minimum of four (4) entrants to form ONE (1) complete team: a male team of four (4) men - OR - a female team of four (4) women - OR - a mixed team of two (2) men and two (2) women to participate in the Corporate Challenge. Incomplete teams and individual entries will not be accepted.
- Companies must register a minimum of ten (10) participants to be eligible for team awards.
- Due to the large number of entries to be processed, all company teams and team members acknowledge that company and individual entries which do not qualify under these rules, whether or not they have been accepted initially by the Race Organiser, may be rejected by the Executive Race Committee either before or after any race and those teams and/or team members may be disqualified.
- Due to course restrictions, the Race Organiser reserves the right to limit entries before the closing date.
Race Day Rules
- Participants must complete the medical emergency information on the back of their race bib.
- Participants must wear their assigned race bib in full view on the front of their shirt. Anyone found running with another person’s bib will be disqualified, and risks disqualification for the entire team.
- Walker Policy: Walkers may not start in front of any runners and may not start the race early. Walkers must complete the exact 5.6km course route and may not take optional or shortened routes. Violation of this policy may lead to disqualification of the entire company team from this and future Series events.
- Roller skates, skateboards, rollerblades, baby joggers, roller skis, bicycles, pushchairs, or animals are strictly prohibited anywhere along the race course. Their use will result in disqualification of the individual runner and possibly the entire company.
- Participants must wear the race-provided timing chip to be scored. Scores will be based on the time elapsed between crossing the start and finish timing mats.
- Each participant may be placed on only ONE (1) scoring team at each event. For example, a female participant may NOT score for both a female and a mixed team.
- Once a company team has won a division in any of the Corporate Challenge races, those individual team members are not eligible to score on any other team at any other Corporate Challenge race.
- Company teams representing retail stores that predominantly feature running shoes and apparel are not eligible for overall team awards.
- Runners who will participate in the 2017 Championship may not be included on a team scorecard in any division for any of the 2017 regular Series races. These participants are eligible to be part of a corporate team roster and run in 2017 Corporate Challenge races, but they may not score.
- Companies that do not meet the Championship Eligibility distance requirements may not be on any scorecard but are welcome to compete.
- Ties between two (2) or more teams shall be resolved by determining which team wins the most one-on-one match-ups among their four scoring members, comparing first to first, second to second, and so on.
- The top five (5) male and female finishers will be the first five (5) eligible runners of each sex to cross the finish line.
- All Participant Eligibility rules apply to the Championship Eligibility along with the additional qualifications below.
- For U.S. events, your company is eligible if it is based in or has one (1) or more offices in the greater metropolitan area of the city in which you are competing. For international events, your company is eligible if your company is based in or has one (1) or more offices in the country in which you are competing.
- At least three (3) members of the qualifying team must be employed at an address (or addresses) in the greater metropolitan area (for U.S. events) or country (for international events) of the event in which they are competing.
- Individual runners who participate in the 2017 Championship cannot participate in the 2018 Championship, without exception. Runners who qualified for the most recent Championship but did not attend are eligible to qualify the following year.
- The Series Owner reserves the right to reject or disqualify any entrant or team whose conduct is inappropriate to the spirit of the race. Individual disqualification may lead to the disqualification of the entire team and/or company for one or more races, delay, postpone, cancel, or not officially time any race in the event of adverse weather conditions. The determination of what constitutes adverse weather conditions is reserved solely to the Executive Race Committee. Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable, even in the case of event cancellation.
- All rules are subject to interpretation by the Race Organiser and Executive Race Committee. All decisions of the Executive Race Committee are final.
Violation of any of the rules indicated herein, in the Race Pack, and/or in the race day announcements, may result in disqualification of any participant, team, and/or entire company for this and/or future events. The decision of the Executive Race Committee is final.