Mandela Remembrance Walk and Run
Start Time : 07:30
Event Venue : Union Buildings, Pretoria, South Africa
The Mandela remembrance walk & run is an event to commemorate the legacy of Tata Madiba.
10 km run & 5 km walk Sunday 10 December 2017
T-SHIRTS • FINISHER BAGS • CHIP TIMING • LIVE ENTERTAINMENT
- The time limits for the two events will apply as stipulated under race information.
- All entrants must be amateurs as defined under asa rules and according to the age restrictions as stipulated under race information.
- Marshals and traffic officials must be obeyed at all times. Failure to comply with their instructions may lead to immediate disqualification.
- No seconding or vehicles on routes will be allowed. Sufficient refreshment stations will be provided on routes.
- All entrants will participate under the rules of agn and asa and it is the athlete’s responsibility to familiarise themselves with the rules.
- It is the responsibility of each athlete to ensure that he or she is medically fit and healthy to participate in any of the events.
- The race committee reserves the right to accept or reject any entry.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Proof of age must be presented on request at the
Race. This is essential for athletes competing for a Category prize.
- Athletes competing for a category prize must wear Official age category id tags and “w” tags for walkers (front & back of the running vest) and clearly visible.
- Regret no wheelchair athletes, blade, cyclist or mechanically operated device allowed in the races.
- No animals are allowed in the races.
- No ipods or listening devices allowed.
- Temporary licensed athletes are eligible for open and Category prizes, provided they have the age category tag clearly visible back and front of the running vest.