Jacaranda City Challenge
Race Number Collection, Entries at the Venue & T-Shirt (if ordered)
Please collect your Online Entry or Purchase a New Entry at the venue:
- Rietondale Park, Cnr of Soutpansberg Road, Nuffield & North Streets, Pretoria. (Entrance North Street)
- Temp Licenses will be on sale at Race Number Collection.
- Entries at the venue will be on sale: Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning.
- Downgrades, Upgrades and Substitutions will be done on Thursday & Friday only.
The Jacaranda City Challenge is the “City Marathon” for Pretoria. This event is older than 25 years, but was “revamped” in 2011 and is now one of the most prestigious road running events in Gauteng.
The race itself has evolved into an incredible show of courage and determination, celebrating the city and all its inner charm, culture and spirit. Least we forget the beautiful blooming Jacaranda trees, prevalent at this time of year, which dot the cityscape and shade the runners as they tick off each kilometre.
The multiple distances, including a Marathon [42,2km], Half Marathon [21,1km], 10km and 5km Fun Run, contributes to the large number of participants. This ensures that all levels of runners, from serious Comrades qualifiers, all the way to casual strollers and walkers, can participate.
The Marathon [42,2km] is a very popular Comrades and Two Oceans Marathon qualifier and is the first Marathon to be presented in Gauteng after the Comrades, making it the first opportunity in Gauteng to qualify for the Comrades Marathon and Two Oceans Marathon.
A FEW FACTS:
- Based on past events over 9,000 runners and walkers can be expected in the next event.
- The race is voted one of the top 20 road races in South Africa. There are over 700 road races in South Africa.
- The route is not only scenic, but highly accessible for all runners and supporters.
- A fast course
- Cash prizes for all category winners.